Friday, March 18, 2016

37th ride of 2016 - Friday, 3/18/2016

 Today, I was happy to be able to ride three consecutive round trips to Marsh Park. At the decision point, after two, I SO wanted to stop, but managed to push on, completing the 26.0 miles in a slow ride of a few seconds over 3 hours. A milestone, though, as the long ride allowed to eke over 400 miles for the year.

I also achieved a minor mechanical success. Yesterday I noticed that one of the bolts holding the rear rack on was gone. I managed to remove the corresponding one from the other side and take it to Lowe's. I got one with the right threading, but they were out of stock on the length I needed. I gambled with one just SLIGHTLY short, and it worked. Got it put back together today, and, though it hadn't affected performance any, this eliminated the irritating persistent rattle. 😋

No comments:

Post a Comment