Friday, March 4, 2016

27th ride of 2016 - 3/4/2016

As I hadn't ridden outside since Monday, I was very eager to do so today, and glad to be able to as the weather cooperated. It was a bit nippy, but quite doable, and I've ridden in lots colder weather (18° back on January 20). When I set out today, at 1:00, it was 31° with a very mild wind (7 mph) bringing the wind-chill down to 25°. And the bright sunshine made the ride almost comfortable!

That soon changed, however, as the copious melted snow on the trail had soon soaked my gloves, and riding into that mild wind nearly froze my fingers off! I settled once more for a single round trip to Marsh Park, doing the 10 miles in 1 hour and 9 minutes.

Coming back was much more enjoyable, however, as the temperature had skyrocketed to 35°, and that mild wind went almost still (down to 3 mph). And they're calling for a high in the fifties on Monday, and 60° on Tuesday. Almost t-shirt weather! HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment