Thursday, March 17, 2016

36th ride of 2016 - Thursday, 3/17/2016

This morning, I was delighted to be able to ride again, since yesterday's problems with the laptop and with the flat tire on my trike meant that I couldn't. By the time I got the trike fixed, it was late afternoon and I was spent. Additionally, the high winds we experienced all day continued. (Strong steady winds with gusts of over 50 mph.)

Today I was challenged by both the continued high winds (24 mph) and by assembly of the trike. But I finally was able to go, and settled for one round trip to Marsh Park, doing the 10.0 miles in a slow time of 1 hour and 13 minutes. This was a good way to celebrate my 59th birthday on St. Patrick's Day, or, as I like to call it, St. Allen's Day. 😇

I hoped to tack on another this afternoon. But a full day of errands plus even higher winds meant I needed to surrender that hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment